General Labourer - Non Skilled
General Labourer - Non Skilled
Looking for a new opportunity as a General Labourer? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled General Labourer to join our team.Package description
- £8.21 per hour. 35 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful General Labourer- Non skilled will undertake the following duties:
- To assist with the clearance of portable wheely bins and miscellaneous bulk rubbish from various locations within the establishment to a central waste collection point.
- To assist with cleaning accommodation as and when required in all areas.
- To assist Facilities Manager/Buffer Supervisor as necessary in the preparation for formal inspections/rounds.
- To carry out essential non-skilled minor maintenance of areas and additional duties as directed by Facilities Manager/CQMS.
- To assist with the movement of stores, furniture and clearing of branches/leaves to prevent flooding of local areas.
- To assist with the clearance of ditches and drains, snow clearance, gritting and replenishment of grit bins and clearance of fallen branches/leaves throughout the establishment.
- To assist with the erection and dismantling of tentage, dance floors, tables, chairs, walkways, BBQ’s and ancillary equipment for functions eg. CTP’s, garden parties and summer/Christmas Balls if additional staff is required.
- To ensure that all external open drains to buildings are checked weekly. The grills are to be checked, cleared of leaves and debris. Any deposits are to be removed.
- Liaise with Guardroom/Pass Office regarding visitors and escorting of contractors/contractor vehicles and sign for any deliveries should the need arise.
- Be smart and properly dressed in Company Uniform.
- Be prepared to assist colleagues in a willing and positive manner including assisting with other duties as and when required in other departments or associated sites.
- Be prepared to attend any relevant meetings and to carry out staff training as required.
If our General Labourer position is right for you and you match our criteria of highly honed skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.About the company
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including: hotel, cleaning, waste management, security, event support and reception services
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider.