We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
- To operate a 32 bedroom hotel to the operating budget
- Operate and report on the hotel P&L
- To ensure the smooth running and efficient organisation of the Reception, Housekeeping, Kitchen teams in line with established procedures and standards.
- Maximise room revenue through the selling room at the desired room rate and sales mix
- Liaise with OTA to maximise sales revenue. To actively sell the hotel to local business. To lead the training and development of all staff within your area of responsibility, achieving standards laid down in the Standards of Performance Manual and to report any departmental training completed to the HR department.
- To aid in the welfare of all staff within the department by setting clear objectives to develop a motivated, effective team, in line with Company policy.
- To prepare fortnightly rotas, taking into consideration business trends and wage budgets.
- To attend weekly campus meeting and any company meetings
- To oversee daily room checks of hotel bedrooms.
- To ensure the well-being, satisfaction and comfort of all guests and establish a highly personalised style of service with strong attention to detail.
- To have a good working knowledge of all departments within the Hotel.
- To establish a good working relationship with colleagues throughout the Hotel and campus
- To establish a full understanding of all computerised systems within the Front Office.
- To be responsible for monies in your care as per the cashiering shift and in Main Safe and be aware of security issues working to the company cash procedure.
- To oversee the department’s accounting procedures and ensure that guests are correctly billed, including any treatments, activities and Cliveden Gifts.
- To be fully aware of the Hotel’s Fire Safety procedures and Health & Safety policies.
- To make sure that Company Policy and the Vision are followed at all times.
- To undertake Duty Management shifts when requested.
- Develop commercial acumen to be up to date with the local market and competitor set.
- Facing activities to be undertaken to ensure a smooth operation
- Responsible for Sales to develop revenue generating strategies for property; identify new business leads, develops tailored sales approach, and actively pursues leads
- Interacts with guests and other patrons on a frequent basis to obtain feedback about their experiences on property; utilizes guest feedback to recognize outstanding employee service performance and improve service delivery; emphasizes and holds leadership team accountable for addressing service failures or potential service failures, and for developing innovative ways to exceed guest expectations; establishes presence in the market by actively promoting an exemplary property/brand image, involving oneself in the local community, and by developing strategic alliances with local officials, businesses, and guests; anticipates needs of large groups or high profile guests in order to deliver flawless service; ensures that products, services, and events attain the appropriate publicity