Bank Patient Catering Assistant - Barnet Hospital
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Patient Dining Team has become available. We are currently recruiting a Catering Assistant to help maintain the high standards of the Food & Beverage service.
This role is ideal for an individual with a caring nature and outgoing personality.Package description
A new and exciting role has arisen at Barnet General Hospital within the catering Department. Working Bank weekends only
The wage for this role is between £7.83 to £8.21 an hour
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.
As a valued employee of Compass UK & Ireland, you will gain access to great discounts from thousands of high-street shops, restaurants, cafes, gym’s, cinema’s and much more.
Moreover, as part of the Medirest team you are entitled to receive the rewards and benefits of an NHS worker.Main responsibilities
Responsible for the patient meal service in the hospital, this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas during meal times with main duties to include:
- Deliver menus and take orders from patients, giving help and advice where necessary on allergens and dietary requirements.
- Preparing of Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner meals.
- Delivering meals directly to patients with an enthusiastic customer service.
- Offer a hot beverage round during each service.
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service.
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offering a great customer service by putting the patient first.
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.