Looking for a new opportunity as a Switchboard Operator? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Switchboard Operator to join our team to Provide a 24hr switchboard and alarm monitoring service to The Royal Surrey County Hospital.Package description
- £8.92 per hour. Zero hours contract.
- Training Provided!
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Switchboard Operator will undertake the following duties:
- Operating an A/C WIN Computer Based Switchboard system. Dealing with internal and external enquiries, all the emergencies within The Trust and contacting personnel when requested by means of the bleep or paging systems.
- Providing cover for operators who are on annual leave/sickness
- Understanding and operating the on call rota systems covering the Royal Surrey and the Community.
- Being responsible for the issuing, record keeping and programme changes of all internal bleeps.When requested contact Royal Surrey on call personnel by phone, pager or mobile.
- Keeping daily diary of on call personnel amending the information when changes occur. Changing rota’s, keeping records of annual leave of Consultants, Doctors and Key Personal. Holding list of Interpreters.
- Record times and dates of all untoward incidents requiring Switchboard involvement including :- priorities, traumas, major incidents & fire alarms. Also record date/times of any system failures.
- Order and record details of any taxi/courier services requested.
As the switchboard is generally the first contact with the Hospital, operators are required to be polite, efficient and knowledgeable. Due to policies and procedure always changing this means that training is on going.
If our Customer Service Assistant position is right for you and you match our criteria of skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
Healthcare Retail, part of Medirest, is passionate about delivering excellent products, standards and customer service to patients, staff and visitors in over 50 NHS hospitals around the UK through convenience and catering retail formats. The portfolio comprises many high street brand franchises including Costa Coffee and M&S Simply Food as well as a selection of in-house brands.