Bakery Category Buyer
Are you an ambitious and customer orientated Buyer or Procurement professional, driven to develop a career within a FTSE 100 organisation? We are looking for a Category Buyer for Bakery to join our Category Development Team here at Foodbuy. This role plays an integral part in the development of our Bakery category and ultimately the success of Foodbuy.
Foodbuy is a leading food procurement organisation based in the UK. With over £1bn of managed spend, we bring together the widest range of foodservice and hospitality clients on the planet to buy food, and everything associated with it. We work closely with our clients to deliver expert procurement services saving them both time and money and enabling them to focus on what really matters to their businesses.
Proudly part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who are our parent company and largest client, we purchase directly from manufacturers and growers and our suppliers range from the most recognised brands in the industry to regional and local providers. With a team of 200 procurement professionals driving us forward, our combination of unrivalled scale and outstanding data analysis sets us apart in our markets.
For further information about Foodbuy, please visit www.foodbuy.euPackage description
Competitive salary plus packageMain responsibilities
As a Category Buyer for Bakery, you will support the Category Development Manager in developing and implementing marketing leading and innovative category strategies and ranges. Your core responsibilities include:
- Engaging and supporting a wide range of stakeholders to execute the best category development process
- Managing category related queries from internal and external stakeholders
- Working with the Sourcing team to support and run tenders
- Responsible for pricing negotiation within category
- Building analysis to optimise buying power across all markets
- Building insight for negotiations and market knowledge
- Conducting industry analysis to support business stakeholders with commercial understanding of the market place
The role would suit someone who is highly commercial and results driven with previous experience as a Buyer. You will be committed to achieving the highest levels of commercial success individually and for the team with the ability to influence, engage and communicate at all levels. You will have experience in the following areas:
- Able to prioritise multiple demands and operate at pace in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience building strong relationships with internal customers with a collaborative approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of presenting business strategies to colleagues and clients
- Ability to work cross functionally with colleagues across the business
- A strong negotiator with the ability to stretch all aspects of a negotiation
- Previous experience managing supplier terms and contacts
- Though not essential, CIPS professional qualifications would be an advantage