Security Officer - Peterborough City Hospital
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Security Officer to join our team at Peterborough City Hospital.
Working as Security Officer your responsibilities will include assisting in maintaining an appropriate level of security and car parking with a view to protecting people and property and the prevention and detection of crime, in line with company and client procedures. Carrying out a variety of tasks associated with the delivery of a high quality and efficient Service.
It is essential that all applicants are customer driven & have excellent communication skills as you will be greeting, assisting and directing members of the public.
A valid SIA license is essential.
The successful candidate will have a flexible appoach to their working week. The core hours of work will be 7:00am-19:00pm-19:00pm-7:00am, 36 hours per week.Package description
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.Main responsibilities
- Maintain high profile internal and external patrols across the site. Activate or de-activate alarm systems. Ensure schedules of checks are followed and in accordance with Procedures.
- Respond promptly and effectively to all security requests, including when Trust staff are faced with violent or abusive patients, visitors or members of the public, through undertaking necessary restraint and control in a professional and legal manner.
- Complete daily reports of accidents or incidents following the agreed procedure, ensuring all necessary action is taken.
- Control and issue of Trust and Contractor Identification Badges, maintaining the ID Badge Database.
- Use of IT software in relation to security and car parking operations.
- Operation of closed circuit television surveillance in accordance with operational instructions and approved Code of Practice. (SIA licence approved).
- Receipt and administration of car park cash payments from both staff and public, following Trust and Medirest procedures for cash handling and transportation
- Ability to use own initiative and make a judgement as to wheel clamping of inappropriately parked vehicles in accordance with the Trust Procedures. (SIA licence approved)
The ideal candidate must hold a valid SIA Licence, along with the following:
- SIA Licence Approved
- Possess good IT skills.
- The ability to communicate and work with patients, other members of staff and visitors to the hospital.
- Ensure that information regarding patients, staff and visitors is secure and not to divulge personal details at any time or under any circumstances.
- Understanding of a range of routine work procedures and protocols.
- Understanding of relevant Manual Handling procedures and protocols.
Previous experience of working in a Security role would be an advantage. As the role is customer facing, you must have excellent customer service skills and have be comfortable when using verbal and none verbal communication skills. You must also be confident when dealing with members of the public in a sensitive manor. A flexible approach to working shifts is also essential.