Head of People
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
To drive the business forward as an employer of choice and execute the people strategy to promote a high-performance culture that supports the business needs and long-term strategic goals. This will include the development and implementation of a proactive human resources function to provide a comprehensive range of HR services and activities.
Particular to this post
Develop and implement the operational plan to deliver the people strategy.
Lead and manage a comprehensive human resources service through a range of projects and activities in areas such as, but not limited to:
- Workforce planning and Recruitment
- On-boarding/exit and Employment Services
- Performance Management
- Learning and Development
- Business Partnering
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employment Law Compliance
- TUPE transfers
- Identify, develop and implement innovative HR projects in order to improve employee engagement, organisational performance and support business strategic goals.
- Develop and implement a plan to build and embed our culture and values across the organisation.
- Analyse and use HR metrics and data to inform the Senior Management Team’s decisions.
- Work with senior management to plan talent development and growth for the future.
- Provide support, coaching, training and advice to managers and staff on all human resource issues.
- Develop an effective performance management system ensuring that organisational values are translated into measurable competencies, behaviours and objectives, and that appraisals are carried out accordingly.
- Develop and implement creative and meaningful learning and development initiatives for all staff.
- Develop and implement an integral staff well-being programme.
- Other duties and/or projects as may reasonably be requested
CIPD qualification (or equivalent).
Essential Experience Evidence of:
- Experience of working within a generalist HR function at mid-senior level, preferably in a stand-alone role.
- Experience of developing and implementing a wide range of projects and activities in all areas of HR including, including:
- Organisational culture and design,
- Recruitment and Talent Planning,
- Learning and Development,
- Performance Management,
- Compensation and Reward,
- Employee Engagement, Employee Relations.
- Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Sound knowledge of current HR legislation.
- Strong analytical skills to think in a logical manner, identify root causes of problems, and makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Ability to work autonomously, take responsibility for own actions and make decisions with minimal direction.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Ability to confidently articulate human resources issues to internal staff and external stakeholders both in writing and verbally.
- Highly effective networking, interpersonal and collaboration skills and the ability to establish working relationships
- Influencing skills to establish credibility and negotiate well with others in a way that results in acceptance and agreement.
- Leadership skills to guide and steer discussion in order to achieve objectives and promote best practice.
- Excellent people’s skills and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Empathy and listening skills to understand other’s opinions and tolerate differing needs and viewpoints.
- Tact and ability to identify and manage conflict.
- Vocation and passion for the work with, and for, people
- Self-confidence and assertiveness
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Self-starter with the ability to take own initiative
- Highly motivated and proactive
- A collaborative team player
- Calm under pressure and in changing circumstances, flexible, friendly and helpful
- CH&CO values diversity and is committed to making appointments on merit by fair and open processes, in accordance with its equal opportunities policy.
- Must reside in the primary geographical area