MEETING & EVENTS SUPERVISOR
MEETING & EVENTS SUPERVISOR
Part-time (zero hours contract)
Hourly rate of £8.50
This is an exciting and pivotal time for a dedicated, enthusiastic and ambitious person to join our team and make their mark on this young but fast-growing organisation. This role will give the perfect candidate a chance to get involved in different types of events, from birthday parties to conferences, small meetings to corporate barbeques.
As the Meeting & Events Supervisor you will liaise with clients to create their bespoke event and will oversee these events from initial visit through to delivery, organising and delivering on all aspects of these events.
The Meeting & Events Supervisor tor reports to the Events Manager. Flexibility is required in this role, but specific week days and some week day evening dates will be required in line with event bookings and meetings.
Role & Responsibilities
The Meeting & Events Supervisor delivers the day to day running of hospitality services to four meeting spaces in the unique setting of The Tetley; with attendee numbers ranging from 2 – 150. The successful candidate will be the client’s main contact on the day for corporate bookings, from arrival meeting and greeting, serving catering and beverage refreshments to specific timings with high standards, meeting the expectations and needs of the client quickly and efficiently. This hands-on role involves working as working part of a team and unsupervised.
The role involves organising and delivering all aspects of these events, including:
- Meeting room set up and preparations with equipment
- Client meet and greet and lead contact
- Delivery all catering and beverage refreshments to booked timings
- Deal with unexpected requests on the day in a professional manner
- Accountability for the running of events
- Providing clear communication to the Event Manager, bar & kitchen before, during and after the event
- Regular inventories of equipment ensuring breakages are recorded and minimised
- Reporting maintenance issues
- Capturing data for post event follow up
- Follow daily check lists
- Preparing events admin including event sheets, signage and welcome sheets
- Under take tasks given by Event Manager
- Attend staff meetings and off site meetings as required.
- Work as part of the office team to offer general office support.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure adherence to data protection and GDPR regulations and related internal policies and guidelines, in relation to the collection, storage and use of personal data.
- Participate in staff team activities and training.
- Undertake other duties as may be required to ensure the smooth running of The Tetley.
- Previous experience with in a front of house and hospitality supervisor role.
- Previous meeting and events experiences
- Excellent customer service skills
- Quick and clear communication
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be well-organized
- Great problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with the unexpected
- Good understanding of equipment, technology and AV used in the function rooms (training can be provided)
- Flexible working hours
- Care and take pride in all that they do
- Be personable; reliable and enthusiastic
- Thrives in a busy environment
- Can do attitude
- Passion for events
The successful applicant must have previous experience in conference events, customer service, preferably in a hospitality related role. They must be able to work flexible hours on a shift basis on any day of the week however mainly week day and week day evenings. The successful candidate needs to have good attention to detail and the ability to work on own initiative while maintaining a cheerful disposition. Whilst experience in a similar role is beneficial, a smile and personality is an absolute must.
The Tetley is a pioneering centre for contemporary art located in the stunning art deco headquarters of the former Tetley Brewery. Proud of our heritage in brewing and our present day in art, we are a great neighbourhood bar and restaurant and believe in scratch made recipes from locally-sourced ingredients, supporting local producers and artisan partners and providing a warm and welcoming sociable space where there’s always something interesting going on.
Whether you’re here to see the latest exhibition of contemporary art, take part in a workshop or event, or sample our locally sourced menu with a pint of Tetley’s, we always offer a warm Yorkshire welcome.
100% of proceeds from the Bar & Kitchen go directly into supporting our charity, creating a platform for amazing emerging artists, presenting breath-taking free exhibitions and helping communities and young people in Leeds find their creative voices.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"
Apply for MEETING & EVENTS SUPERVISOR
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly