Operations Catering Manager - Goodwood Racecourse
7 days left
- Full Time
We have an amazing opportunity at one of our dynamic, senior and inspirational green field sites. You will need exposure to F&B delivery, logistics and be a real ‘people person’, with rounded leadership skills and a mantra to jump the curve and innovate F&B products to new heights.
As the Operations Catering Manager you will be Responsible for developing and delivering exceptional food and guest experience, for high profile events. You will play a critical role to the success and reputation of the F&B offering, showing leadership and engagement of a large, well-trained team, both fixed and seasonal.Package description
Up to £35,000 + bonus
5 out of 7 days - flexibility is required
A unique opportunity at one of the worlds most beautiful racecourses, with development and progression!Main responsibilities
You will work closely with both Goodwood and Compass within a joint venture partnership to qualify requirements, then deliver the catering strategy. As such, you will continually evolve both the catering and guest experience product, such that is renowned for food and hospitality excellence as befits a world famous iconic venue. If you have the passion for food and service underpinned by evidence of delivery of fresh ideals and operational excellence then you will shine and so will the venue.
The main duties of the Operations Catering Manager will include:
- Oversee the day to day delivery of consistent and exceptional service standards
- Work closely with Goodwood Event Catering team and Goodwood stakeholders to establish and sustain a powerful partnership
- Regular monitoring and development of each department to ensure that food quality, presentation, staffing reviews and consistent standards are in place
- Leadership to develop and sustain a high level of team energy and engagement, proud to provide great food, hospitality and operational excellence, plus H&S and all other compliance obligations
- Coordination of product planning and delivery, from menu development to all aspects of food and drinks service,
- Innovation – Create an environment to embrace global/local trends and be continually market leading to reflect the position of Goodwood as a world class venue.
- Commercial performance. Consistent focus on business performance indicators, to monitor progress and make sound decisions within commercial limits
- Analysis of performance statistics to identify opportunities for growth
- Project Management of catering facility evolution, working closely with the Operations Director on the development strategy and any capital improvements plans.
- Liaison with 3rd party supplier and contractors to underpin effective service delivery.
- Share and act on client and customer feedback continually.
- Recognise and celebrate success throughout the business.
- All HR compliance in line with Levy UK policy
- Passionate about food and hospitality,
- Demonstrates passion and hunger for ensuring an exceptional hospitality experience, able to inspire the entire and varied team
- Passionate about people – enjoys communicating with the most important of clients as well as the all-important team members that deliver great service day to day.
- Track record of senior F&B delivery experience gained from green field sites, sports or major leisure venue operational contract management experience.
- Multi-site / multi venue experience
- Respected for leadership skills – confidently able to appoint, develop and inspire large high performing teams of both fixed and variable staff
- Strategic Thinker – ability to conceive and plan effective strategies and supporting tactics which embrace a variety of elements into a common goal.
- Excellent client and stakeholder management presence and interpersonal skills.
- Professional integrity – naturally commands respect and delivers on promises.
- Project management - ability to lead the implementation of change programmes to deliver operational benefits
- Commercial agility – adept at budgeting, forecasting and effective resource deployment, with an agile eye for trends and embracing change in a cost effective way, whilst mainlining product integrity.
Goodwood Event Catering is the joint venture with Levy UK, which manages and operates all event catering, hospitality and bar services at Goodwood. The secret of the success of Goodwood Event Catering is the combined ambition and professionalism of all parties work as a truly ‘powerful partnership’ to deliver world class experiences at Goodwood.
The Goodwood Revival is the world’s most popular historic motor race meeting and the only event of its kind to be staged in the time capsule of the Forties, Fifties and Sixties. As well as recreating the golden era of motor sport, the Revival offers exceptional wheel-to-wheel racing around a classic circuit, untouched by the modern world. The Goodwood Revival, held on the Sussex Downs, is not only a breath-taking backdrop for some of the very finest motor spectaculars, but it is also one of the world’s greatest venues for entertaining both privately and corporately.