Multi Skilled Service Porter- City Care Centre
A great opportunity to join our passionate Team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting The City Care Centre, the role includes a variety of roles in order to improve the Patient Care we contribute too.This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
This role will require the cover of the onsite porters, Holiday and Sickness cover, carrying out tasks are Bins, Linen, Fetching and Carrying, Gas checks, Curtain Changing, Evening Floor Cleaning, Taking in Deliveries, Table Moving and some cleaning duties
Porters shifts are generally 07.00-15.30 or 13.30-12.00midnight.
This role will also be to work in the Domestic site of the business to cover Holidays Sickness and help with Deep cleans whilst there are no shifts in portering.
The Shifts for this role are as follows
07.00am – 13.30pm
09.00 am -14.00pm
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.Main responsibilities
As the role covers the three services that we provide across the City Care Centre, you will be trained in the following areas:
- Cleaning Wards and Corridors in line with Micro fiber guidelines and contractual obligations
- Transferring patients throughout the center, working with ward staff
- Waste control throughout the site, including use of compactors
- Delivery of Linen
- Medical Gas delivery and collection and the security of
- Some Car Park duties and security awareness
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offering a great customer service by putting the patient first.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.