Are you passionate about pursuing and developing your career within events? If so, we have a brand new opportunity for an Events Coordinator to join the UK Communications team in Uxbridge supporting the development and coordination of key employee and stakeholder events!
This is a genuinely interesting and challenging role for an individual who is either wanting to expand their events expertise and stakeholder relations capabilities or for someone working in a large events team and is keen to take on this self-starting role.
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We employ up to 60,000 people annually and provide a wide range of services to clients in every conceivable sector including schools, race courses, hospitals, power stations and everything in between.Package description
- Up to £28,000 per year. 40 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
Following a new communications strategy, which requires support in the development and coordination of key employee and stakeholder events, our UK Communications team has created an opportunity for an Events Coordinator to help drive employee engagement. As our Events Coordinator, you will:
- Deliver two leadership events a year (approximately 200 delegates)
- Deliver a series of unit manager engagement events to meet with the MD and other executive team members (60-80 attendees per event)
- Support with the delivery of round tables delivered through media partnerships – aimed at consultants, clients and suppliers
- Where appropriate, promote events on digital media channels
- Support with the delivery of key people focused events – eg our Women in Food programme – looking to attract and retain female chefs
- Required to run all administration elements of an event – from booking and liaising with the venue, managing attendee/delegate lists, refreshment requirements, answering queries and ensuring the events run smoothly on the day
To be right for us, you will be passionate about the food, beverage and service industry with previous experience working within events. You will have skills, experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Previous experience working within events management
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team.
- Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results
- Sets high personal performance standards
- Organised, able to make robust judgments and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Have a flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent time management and project organisation skills
- Ability to be able to manage a varied workload
- Strong people skills
- Be a self-starter, highly organise
- Be a person who enjoys collaborating with colleagues and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders