The Union is a private members club in the heart of Soho, London. We believe in the joy of human connections, so our purpose is to bring people together in a relaxed environment to enjoy great food and lively conversation. And on occasion, a fabulous bottle of wine from our lovingly curated cellar oils the wheels of chat and laughter amongst members and their friends.
We have enjoyed the continued patronage of many delightful members, largely from the world of arts and media, since we opened our doors 25yrs ago. Now having recently doubled the footprint of the club we are ambitious to grow our membership and events business whilst retaining the quality and integrity of our loyal and stellar members roster. The Union aims to be a home from home for all who step over the threshold. It’s a home of kindred spirits where a sense of community is paramount.
First and foremost, we are a members’ club, so this role is super central to the workings of the Union. We want every member to have the very best experience each time they visit the club so this role, working with our front of house managers, will be responsible for delivering the highest possible service standards. All businesses need to evolve over time so we’re looking for someone to deliver the next iteration of our club offering to meet members’ needs. This will grow our new member acquisition rate and retain our existing, highly valued members to deliver sales targets. Working closely with the events team the Membership Manager will also secure cross sell opportunities.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the smooth running of our membership database, liaising with our IT partner and working closely with finance to ensure that all membership financial matters are recorded and reported.
Areas of responsibility
- Deliver agreed sales targets
- Proactively source new members who share the values of the club
- Manage every stage of the sales process from initial conversation to closing & follow up
- Ensure that all potential member enquiries are handled in a timely and professional manner
- Report monthly on membership numbers & income to provide insightful management information
- Maintain the membership database and ensure that all member records are accurate and current including membership fee transactions
- Enthusiasm and energy for growing our membership family and delivering our distinct offering
- Experience in a role that demands excellent customer service skills
- A great communicator who feels comfortable and confident talking to everyone
- Highly organised and pro-active; a self-starter who is happy to take the initiative
- Able to prioritise and multi task
- An understanding of the benefits of consistently applied and effective processes
- You’re not afraid of IT and have a keen interest in using data to grow the business
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Previous experience of working in a private members club
- Experience of using a tailored CRM membership database system
- Experience of Go Cardless / Worldpay /Stripe
- Basic understanding of Xero
If you are interested in this role and think that you are just what we need, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV along with a brief covering letter highlighting how you meet the person specification by clicking "Apply"