Hospitality Head Chef
Hospitality Head Chef
Chartwells are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Hospitality Head Chef for a prestigious client in Manchester.
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
Working as a Hospitality Head Chef you will be responsible for the highest of standards of production and presentation of hospitality across campus, being flexible to work across hospitality and food outlets as the business requires.Main responsibilities
As a Hospitality Head Chef you will be responsible for the following;
- To work hands on across hospitality producing a high standard of food ranging from working lunches to conferences and VIP banqueting
- To ensure compliance of food, health and safety
- To increase hospitality by showcasing the highest of standards in all events, whilst being craft based in hospitality production.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the Customers attending planning meetings if required
- To have a good appearance at all times
- To work in campus kitchens as required when hospitality is quieter
- To meet the needs of the business by being flexible in hours and days available to work
- Take an active part in any unit sales promotions and make suggestions to help increase sales
We are looking for someone with the following;
- Experience in VIP hospitality events.
- Experience driving food innovation and standards in a similar environment
- Proven exceptional standard in food production, presentation and service
- Experience in training staff on food production and presentation
- Ability to work alongside Senior Head Chef , Ops Manager and Marketing Manager, ensuring great consistent quality, always.
- To be flexible to work across campus and hospitality to meet the business needs
- Great customer rapport
- City & Guilds 706/1, 2 or NVQ Level 3 or similar qualification
- Experience in an Exec or Head Chef role at a similar level
- Passionate about food and customer service
- Knowledge of working to a budget and achieving GP