Relief Chef Manager
We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.Summary
Relief Chef Manager required for contracts across Manchester and Leeds. Ideal location would be for candidate to live in the Rochdale area, just off the M62.
Must have fill driving licence and own their own car.
Through satisfying the needs of our customers and operating within CH&Co policies and procedures, to ensure all client and company objectives are met and to achieve financial targets. To manage an efficient and effective service to your customers and colleagues in accordance with standards and statutory regulations.Main Responsibilities:
- To effectively maintain CH&Co standards within your units and monitor adherence to established policies and procedures
- To strive to continually exceed client expectations and provide excellent customer care.
- To ensure that legal and company requirements are adhered to in respect of Hygiene, Health & Safety, Employment Law, and Food Safety Law for all staff, visitors and clients
- To effectively maintain CH&Co standards within your unit and monitor adherence to established policies and procedures
- To ensure full catering services are provided as agreed within the client contracts
- To respond to any other reasonable request from CH&Co senior Management and assist in any new unit openings
- To provide customer and client feedback to further develop CH&Co standards and reflect market changes
- To establish a committed and motivated team focused on the delivery of CH&Co values
- To ensure recruitment, induction, training, promotion, performance management, development and discipline of all employees occurs in your units. Full job performance of all employees to be achieved through accordance with company employment and equal opportunities policies. Appropriate records must be kept
- To ensure your managers have a training plan for all their employees with in your area and ensure that the personal development of their team is documented to maximise their benefit to the business
- To maximise sales generation through effective implementation of CH&Co marketing plans through table talkers, newsletters, theme days and other local initiatives. To grow the business within your units through maximising uptake and spend per head
- To grow the business in your units through generic growth and enhanced customer spends and offer saving opportunities where appropriate
- Investigate revenue shortfalls and cost overspends relating to financial results for the unit and take action as necessary