Want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
About the role
As Catering Supervisor, you will be at the heart of our Service ensuring the provision of high quality and cost effective catering. Along with line management responsibility of the catering team, you will carry out risk assessments and ensure the kitchen meets health regulations. Working closely with the care team and customers, you will plan suitable, nutritionally balanced menus and encourage customer participation in the selection of menus.
About you (please see the job description for full details)
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a recognised catering qualification and a level 4 food hygiene certificate.
- Have experience of managing a team in a busy kitchen and experience of organising daily catering for large groups of people, including managing a budget and ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to.
- Be able to work rostered hours.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire’s ethos and values.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Closing date: 5 May 2019
Leonard Cheshire welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check (PVG membership in Scotland) is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply"