Kettering’s Largest Health Club and Arena Sports is looking to recruit an Assistant General/Fitness Manager to play a big part in our club’s success. You will be working as part of our management team, who work hard and have fun delivering an excellent customer service to our members.
The most important part of your role is to retain/grow our gym membership by talking to the people and finding out how you can make a difference to their lives by introducing Balance into their lifestyle. With the right attitude and excellent people skills, you’ll be a great addition to our team.
You’re a key player in our members’ journey, whether they’re just starting out with us or a long-standing member. You’ll be there to:
- Promote a healthy lifestyle to our members by offering advice, guidness and support throughout their fitness journey
- To ensure the smooth running of the Club/Arena Sports operations
- Assist in the day to day operation of Arena Sports
- To ensure you meet the correct deadlines and work within the budgets set
- Generate prospects by building relationships inside and outside of the club.
- Book inductions, health checks and appointments to showcase the club and matching the facilities to the perspective members’ needs.
- Manage, always guide and support the fitness team to ensure their deliver an excellent customer service
- Arrange members challenges, mud runs, charity runs or cycling days out
- Work towards your monthly retention targets, delivering great customer service throughout.
- Ensure you have in depth product knowledge & training, working with all departments within your club.
- Help organise and deliver our major events which include Volleyball England, British Judo, Cage fighting and many more
This role is full time, working 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; earlies, lates, evenings and weekends
What we can’t live without:
- Personable, confident and able to build relationships with everyone.
- Great communication & organisational skills and experience in a customer facing environment.
- Good computer skills, with the confidence to learn new systems & databases quickly (we’ll give you all the training you need).
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work to deadlines and budgets
- Target driven
- Ability to work with deadline and budget
To reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Competitive salary
- Dedicated line manager, there to support and promote your development
- Great career progression and training path
- Complimentary gym membership for you
- Discount on loads of products and services (perks at work)
- Pension scheme
- 20 days holiday (pro rata)
- Free Theatre tickets to selected shows