Catering Manager – Europa School of English
As catering manager you are responsible for ensuring that all the students and staff are catered for during their time at the school. You are also responsible for ensuring that the bistro area is clean and in an appropriate condition for our purposes.
This role will be subject to the necessary ID checks to ensure you have the right to work in the UK and will be in line with our safer recruitment policy.
You will be expected to complete some safeguarding training prior to taking up the post.
You will be required to have a clear DBS certificate.
SOME OF YOUR TASKS
- Maintain the highest cleanliness and hygene standards in the kitchen in line with local council guidelines and our expectations
- Qualified chef or person with experience in delivering catering services for large numbers
- Ensure there are sufficient meals provided to all students and groups. All meals will be of balanced nutritional content and of a high standard.
- Work within strict budgets and ensure no overspend.
- Make all food orders and ensure the collection and filing of invoices is organised and professional.
- Work with the financial controller to ensure all receipts and invoices are in line with the cash takings and expenditure.
- Recruit and manage catering and cleaning staff to support you during the busy summer period.
- Work closely with other staff members to ensure a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere at the school.
- Where there are events you will be responsible for organising the catering and cleaning in line with expectations
- As a key holder you may be responsible for opening and locking up of the building.
- Circa £13000 - £18,000 per annum pro-rata
- Working hours will vary. Weekend work will be required.
- Contract period full-time: May – September (some part time work may be available in low season)
- City and Guilds or NVQ qualifications required
- Professional catering experience required (minimum 2 years)
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply"