We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Commis Chef to join our team. You will look after lots of hungry people, contributing to the efficient running of the kitchen. Responsible for producing a variety of dishes for the restaurant and meeting room areas to the highest standard, whilst ensuring the kitchen runs smoothly, safely and hygienically.Package description
We have an exciting opportunity for a Commis Chef to join our lovely catering team at BMI Runnymede Hospital. Ideal candidates will be friendly, hardworking and flexible. Candidates who hold a driving licence will be desirable.
Please note shift patterns will be 12:00pm - 7:30pm (Monday to Friday) and 7:00am – 2:30pm (Weekends) All shifts are based on 5 out of 7 according to the Rota.
- Working together with the team, communicating effectively with the ability to follow instructions daily
- Using fresh ingredients to make good, quality food
- Implement Health & Safety legislation and COSHH at all times
- Cooking and preparation of high quality meals for potentially large volumes of customers
- Extensive food knowledge with the ability to cook and present fresh food to a consistently high standard
- Quality driven
- Have excellent culinary skills with an attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Self motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- A team player with experience of supervising a team within a similar environment
- You will have Qualified to NVQ level1/2 in food preparation and cooking or equivalent
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.