Sous Chef - Excel London
ExCeL London, is the home of world-leading events in London. Levy Leisure are proud to be their catering partner, providing all retail catering and conference & events requirements at this spectacular venue. We are looking for a Sous Chef to oversee all catering and events related requirements, leading on some exciting new growth projects and leading a strong and successful team.Package description
- Up to £35,000 along with benefits
- Lots of scope to develop and progress
- 5 out of 7 days
- To aid in the day to day operation and control procedures of the kitchen and all the food operations at Excel London always, whilst complying with company standards and policies. To ensure the overall management of the food operation at Excel including set up and break down and operation of these areas. To support the Senior Sous Chef in all operational and functional matters.
- Aid in the production of the Chefs and Kitchen Porters rota’s, also manage this daily with the Senior Sous Chef to better kitchen production performance and help control our variable labour costs.
- Sous Chef or Executive Head Chef, completing any objectives or tasks as agreed by their due date
- Monitor standards of hygiene and appearance of our team to ensure agreed uniform and company standards are maintained. Also review the hire agreement of the chefs’ uniform and address as necessary with the Executive Head Chef
- Liaise with your Executive Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef to ensure food is prepared in the correct manner as directed, using photographs and company food specifications.
- Must have held a role as Sous Chef in a similar size venue and have at least two years’ experience
- Good communication skills
- Commercial business knowledge
- Experienced in managing and coaching teams
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK& I and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients including Twickenham Experience, Tom’s Kitchen at Somerset House and The O2, through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.