Sous Chef – Daytime hours
We are a family run Farm Shop, Cafe and Butchery serving home grown meats from our farm which forms part of a modern, quality menu.
All dishes are made to order by our chefs in our well equipped kitchen.
The café currently seats 40 covers inside with several tables outside. This will increase to c80 by the end of April when we open our new extension.
With an integrated Café, Shop and Butchery, the farm supplies its’ own reared beef, pork and lamb. The frequently evolving menu uses home-reared meats, the very best locally sourced produce which varies with the seasons. We are much more than a Cafe, as the dishes are Bistro in style and showcase, not only the superb own-reared meats, but carefully sourced local produce from nearby farms that share the same ethos of quality.
This is a full-time permanent position, working within a small kitchen team at this beautiful location.
Our expectations are, that you:
Are professional, and have a calm, positive manner, clean, organised, and an excellent communicator whilst having the skills to maintain standards to a high level & take full responsibility in the Head Chef’s absence.
You will have plenty of opportunity to put your thoughts and ideas onto the menu, utilising the daily specials board and the very best seasonal produce.
This position would suit an experienced Sous Chef looking for a fresh challenge but, would also suit a Senior Chef de partie /Jr Sous Chef with a solid background looking for more responsibility and career progression.
* Reporting to the Head Chef you will be part of a small brigade working in all areas of the kitchen.
* Assist with the upcoming development which will increase the interior covers from 40 to 80 (with scope for outside dining during summer months).
* The business operates 7 days a week, although you can expect 2 days off a week (consecutive as often as possible) and a full weekend off each month.
* The cafe serves breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Aside from the occasional evening event you will mostly work daytime hours.
* Food is to be consistently perfectly cooked and beautifully presented, in a timely manner.
* You will already be a Sous or Junior Sous wanting to step up.
* Competent at working unsupervised and ability to develop junior team members.
* Be passionate about working with the very best produce available.
* Consistent attention to detail.
* Hold a current level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate.
* Driven and self-motivated, punctual and reliable
* Must be eligible to live and work in the UK
* Own whites and knives
Salary and Benefits
Salary: £22,000-25,0000 p/a.
- Subsidised meals when on duty
- 28 days annual leave including bank holiday
- Staff discount card
- Career progression opportunity in a thriving and expanding business
- Free parking
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply"