Housekeeping Supervisor [Night] - The Wellington Hospital
An exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Housekeeping Supervisor to join our talented Housekeeping Team has become available at the prestigious Wellington Hospital. We are currently recruiting an Housekeeping Supervisor for the night shift to help maintain the high standards of cleanliness and infection control at the facilities.
This role is ideal for an individual with a caring nature and friendly attitude. Variety of shift patterns available (5 out of 7 days) - Flexibility is request .
Medirest Signature is the specialist private healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK’s leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient satisfaction by providing a clean and hygienic environment.
The Housekeeping Supervisor will ensure the highest level of service on wards and that our hospital is ready for visits/inspections at any time through leading your team and monitoring cleaning standards on wards. The role involves managing our laundry services and cleaning machines.
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety of the facility and associates in accordance with company standards and government regulations.
- Determines cleaning assignments and establishes priorities; adjusts assignments based on changes in room occupancy or emergency clean-up requests; maintains accurate record of assignments.
- Ensures security of keys.
- Responds to customer needs and requests; resolves customer concerns.
- Follows work procedures and expedites workflow to ensure timely, efficient service; communicates room completion and availability.
- Inspects rooms, common areas and stock rooms, and approves staff work performance; performs or delegates appropriate corrective action.
- Reports unsafe conditions and maintenance service needs, including painting, repairs, and furniture replacement and upkeep.
- Oversees the productivity and breaks of associates; communicates performance issues to management.
- Participates in the onboarding and training of associates; conducts daily pre-service meetings.
- Demonstrates safe and correct use of environmental services equipment and chemicals.
- Completes inventory of materials, supplies and linens; manages usage and orders to in alignment with budget.
- Opens and closes the department; maintains security for department property, supplies and operating funds.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 years of housekeeping supervisory experience in a medium – large operation.
- Good communication and customer skills.
- Strong IT, administrative and organisational skills.
- Working knowledge of Infection control.
- High standards and be quality driven.
- Auditing experience will be advantageous.
About the company
Medirest is the UK’s leading healthcare support service brands, working in more than 50 acute hospitals and medical treatment centres. Our aim is to provide the highest quality, best value cleaning, catering, logistics support and retail services to the healthcare sector. Medirest improves the patient experience by consistently delivering:
- Clean and safe hospitals.
- The best patient dining experience in the world.
- Flexible and professional logistic services including ‘on-demand’ portering, helpdesk and support services.
- The best choice of retail brands including high street names.