Junior Pastry Chef
Junior Pastry Chef
Looking for a new opportunity as a Junior Pastry Chef? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Junior Pastry Chef to join our highly motivated team.
- £10.65 per hour. 40 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Junior Pastry Chef will undertake the following duties:
- To prepare and cook sufficient food to provide the agreed amount of customer choice with minimum wastage
- To ensure the effective control of a specific station within the kitchen.
- To carry out the directions of more senior members of the kitchen brigade, ensuring that you coordinate the efforts of more junior members
- To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures
- To ensure food is prepared to required standards checking for taste, presentation and quality
- To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy
- To ensure all food sent out is correctly garnished
- To ensure portion control, preparation and storage methods avoid wastage and keep down costs
- To assist in completion of relevant paperwork reproduction and wastage sheets, cleaning records etc
- To ensure the kitchen and service area are clean, tidy and attractive during service
If our Chef position is right for you and you match our criteria of highly honed skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
Chartwells Independents, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high-quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and school staff.
Whether it be producing great food for pupils and staff or being involved in creating great hospitality events our teams have a passion for preparing food using fresh quality ingredients. Our belief is that it all starts with great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.