Executive Chef - Midlands
Executive Chef - Midlands
Monday – Friday
Up to £40,000
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Chef, responsible for providing culinary support . This support will include delivering special events, training of culinary teams, monitoring and maintenance of culinary standards, monitoring compliance with Compass procedures and systems, sales and retention presentations and support for client functions.
If you are an innovative and creative Executive Chef or Development Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - Apply now !
- Plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Taking responsibility for the food production with a hands-on approach
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Driving sales through centrally driven menu planning and promotions and preferred suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- To implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets
- Management of the Chef brigade
- Ordering and stock-taking
- Professional Cookery Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Passion for great food and excellent service delivery
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding culinary skills
- Ability to motivate and develop all levels of chefs
- Experience in training culinary skills
- Ability to deliver presentations to all levels confidently and accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Financially astute with regards to food costings and margin management
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information
- Experience of using process and planning to deliver consistent results to expectations
- Ability to work on own initiative but within a frameworks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
About the company
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.