Lead Development Chef - Chertsey
Food Innovation Chef – mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family:
"Times New Roman";mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;mso-fareast-language:EN-GB;
Up to £48,000 – Monday – Friday
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
We have all kinds of food outlet from food-to-go cafes to full service restaurants and this is an exciting time. We have seen many changes this year with the introduction of our Consumer Led Offer and centrally managed modular cafes and our innovation team have the opportunity to support these in all sectors with great new food.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Development Chef to work within the Innovation Centre at Chertsey creating a pipeline of new exciting concepts. As part of the central development team you would be working closely with the Executive Chefs in the sectors keeping the Offer fresh and with the Central Marketing team steering and supporting the promotional calendar through the year driving our consumer engagement.
If you are an innovative and creative Development Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - Apply now!
- Responsible for delivering great food to briefs from all parts of the business
- Management of the Innovation Centre Food Development team
- Working with the central team, sector marketing, commercial and operations teams to ensure the central innovation activities meet and support the business requirements and time schedules
- Ensuring that the right product is developed to meet the needs of both the consumer and the business by balancing quality and consumer appeal
- Working within the Central team to ensure all food service and client requests are dealt with efficiently and with excellent customer service
- Maintaining and supporting the delivery of all company Health, Safety, Food Hygiene and COSHH regulations
- Professional Cookery Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Awareness of current and moving food trends and an awareness of the High St Food To Go market
- Passion for great food and excellent service delivery
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding culinary skills
- Ability to motivate and develop all levels of chefs
- Experience in training culinary skills
- Ability to deliver presentations to all levels confidently and accurately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Financially astute with regards to food costings and margin management
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information
- Experience of using process and planning to deliver consistent result to expectations
- Ability to work on own initiative but within a framework
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications including; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An understanding of public health and nutrition
About the company
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Teamwork, Passion, Can-do and Responsibility.