Demi Chef de Partie
All Mine Cakes is a multi award-winning business specialising in ‘free-from’ food especially gluten free. In Spring 2018, the business launched All Mine Cakes by the Lake Tearooms, which is set in the Hamlet of Maythorne, near Southwell overlooking a picturesque fishing lake.
Having recently expanded our offering to include breakfast and lunches, we are now looking for a passionate, experienced full time Demi Chef de Partie, or above, to join our small friendly team.
Aside our beautiful location, there is the added bonus of minimal unsociable hours. We are open from Wednesday to Sunday each week between 9.00am and 4.30pm and will expect flexibility in hours for covering bank holiday openings. In the near future we plan to be able to host occasional evening and weekend pop up events, but this really is a unicorn of a Chef opportunity in the hospitality world!
Additionally, for the right candidate this position offers the opportunity to develop the menu and take the lead on future food based events.
In return we will pay you a competitive rate of pay dependent upon experience along with 28 days’ annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Demi Chef de Partie to bring to life the owners’ desire for delicious free-from food for everyone to appreciate. You will have responsibility for:
- Prepare, cook and present dishes to a high standard
- Control stock ordering and rotation.
- Manage the kitchen budget.
- Maintain great relationships with suppliers.
- Ensuring rigorous and robust quality control procedures are adhered to;
- Ensure safety and sanitization practices in the kitchen
- Adhering to health and safety and food hygiene regulations, ensuring correct storage of foods within the kitchen.
- Assist with front of house duties at peak times or to support in any other role required;
We want to hear from you if you can bring leadership, creativity, enthusiasm and energy to our exciting business, along with;
- Experience of working in a fast paced food service environment.
- Supporting a large number of covers.
- A genuine passion for food and the ability to be innovative, understanding food trends and adapting for food allergies and intolerances;
- Previous experience of creating menus is an advantage.
- Excellent food presentation with a keen eye for detail;
- Excellent organisation and the ability to work as part of a close-knit team;
- The ability to problem solve and acknowledge of own limitations;
- A high degree of unwavering enthusiasm together with a strong character and high levels of resilience;
- Food Hygiene Certificate Level 3 and knowledge of ‘Safer Food, Better Business’ practices;
- Knowledge of the Food Standards Agency HACCP Food Safety Plans;
- A full driving licence.
PeakHR are retained Human Resources Consultants for this client and act as an internal human resource contact. We are not a recruitment agency.
If you wish to apply please send your CV together with a covering letter by clicking "Apply"