Officer Mess Manager - MOD St Athans
Would you be interested in joining a successful FTSE 100 organisation, who are recognised as market leaders within their sectors. An organisation, which operates in over 50 countries in 50,000 client locations, but still retains a local presence within the community
A company that prides itself on not standing still and always seeking to innovate. We’re obsessed with the details and we’re always raising the bar higher so we can make our clients’ businesses better.
Who are we?
We are the Compass Group.
We’re 60,000 talented people bringing you all of the great tasting food, memorable experiences and vital support services that can transform every day into a great day.
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including: hotel, cleaning, waste management, security and reception services
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the ESS team based at MOD St Athan’s as our new Mess Manager.
This is a great career opportunity, for an individual who may be at the start of their management career, and looking at developing and honing their experience to be able to move into a senior management post within a FTSE30 business
As our Mess Manager, will be responsible for the accommodation management, food & beverage provision, cleaning and housekeeping, function and events management. You will also hold full budget and accounting responsibility for this military mess.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in:
- Proven operational management experience within a contract catering, hotel or restaurant environment
- Managing teams to deliver innovative, high quality food and beverage service.
- Being obsessive about providing great customer service and food in both the café and hospitality environment
- Sound knowledge of procedural and legislative frameworks
- Sound financial acumen and experienced in managing budgets and growing sales