Combined Mess Manager - Stanford Hall
Would you be interested in joining a successful FTSE 100 organisation, who are recognised as market leaders within their sectors? An organisation, which operates in over 50 countries in 50,000 client locations, but still retains a local presence within the community?
A company that prides itself on not standing still and always seeking to innovate? We’re obsessed with the details and we’re always raising the bar higher so we can make our clients’ businesses better.
Who are we?
We are the Compass Group.
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including: hotel, cleaning, waste management, security, event support and reception services
We are looking for a talented Mess Manager to come and join the new ESS Defence team at one of our prestigious contracts - The Defence and National Rehabilitation Centre (DNRC).
As one of our Mess Managers, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of all SFM combined mess services whilst maintaining the culture, traditions and ethos of the military mess.
Mess managers will manage the full compliance with contractual obligations, including but not limited to health & safety, accommodation management, food & beverage provision, cleaning and housekeeping, function and events management and full budget and accounting responsibility.
- Proven experience in managing successful teams within a similar environment, ideally military mess experience
- A good communicator with the ability to liaise confidently with customers and clients and engage, motivate and develop team members
- An enthusiastic individual with a passion for excellent service delivery and customer service skills
- Highly competent in the English language, both written and verbal
- Basic food hygiene/level 2
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive attitude