We have a great opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Restaurant Manager to run the EAT restaurant within the University of Sussex. Ambitious and commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business, you'll maximise the performance of your team.
Leading by example and setting high standards, you'll enhance sales and provide our customers with outstanding service.
Predominately Monday - Friday with occasional weekend work
Up to £28k dependent on experience
Opportunity to opt in to Compass pension scheme
Childcare voucher scheme
- Overseeing the front of house, making sure that we offer the best service and quality of food for our students and client
- Training and developing staff
- Motivating staff and getting the best out of your team
- Build an excellent relationship with the client
- Adhering the H&S regulations
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
- Experienced Manager or Assistant looking to take the next step
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- Strong leader
- Good management skills
- Financial and commercial acumen
- A 'Can do' attitude
About the company
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.