We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Group Manager to successfully oversee the delivery of 6 Primary and 2 Secondary Schools in Pontefract. You will be expected to complete regular site visits, build client relationships, and assist the Chef Managers/supervisors to get the best out of our employees to offer excellent customer service and good quality food. If you have a catering background and have the experience in overseeing multiple sites the drive to offer excellent standards and a passion for food then we want to hear from you.
Up to £25k pro rata term time only
Mon - Fri up to 40 hours per week - term time only!
Opportunity to join the Compass share and pension scheme
Great opportunities to progress within the largest contract catering company in the world!
- Build and maintain a strong client relationship
- Demonstrate a caring and compassionate nature
- Proactively review and improve the services
- Making sure that each site achieves their KPI'S
- Regular site visits
- Will be assisting in the kitchen if required
- Agree nourishing and tasty menu selections and ensure local preferences are appropriately catered for
- Lead your on-site colleagues – making sure they are happy, effective and up to date with relevant training needs
- Ensure periodic reports are accurate, comprehensive and meet relevant deadlines
- Must have the ability to build relationships with a diverse group of clients, customer and colleagues
- Compliance focused
- Experience within the hospitality or catering industry to a manager or assistant manager level
- Excellent time management skills and to be able to prioritise
- Ability to be able to oversee multiple sites
- Excellent understanding of P&L accounts
- Must have strong craft background
- Capable of assisting to manage a multi-site region
- Organised, able to judge and prioritise
- Have a flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- A full driving licence as you will be travelling to various sites
About the company
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.