Looking for a new opportunity as a Porter? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Porter to join our team.
- £9.02 per hour. 37.5 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Porter will be responsible for the following:
- Transport patients on beds, trolleys and in wheelchairs around the hospital site. At all times observe the correct safety procedures, as laid down in the Portering Health and Safety Policy.
- Weekly transfer of medical equipment from and to Theatres and Day Surgery Unit.
- Collect patient notes from Medical Records and convey to other departments/wards
- To maintain a high profile security presence to achieve the protection of the buildings, goods, and property, employees and visitors from injury, loss, damage or wastage due to criminal activity, accident, fire, flood or other hazard.
- Advise and assist on matters of security or Health and Safety.
- Respond to all pager and radio calls
- Ensure protection of the building, its occupants and contents
- Supervise and assist with security calls when required
- To check building services for defects or damage
- Record and report any incidents occurring on shift (i.e. daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorised persons or unusual occurrences.)
- To respond and assist in dealing with emergencies and emergency drills
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Safe and excellent clinical care
- ?Treating others with compassion and respect
- Driving improvement and efficiency
If our Porter position is right for you and you match our criteria of skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
Healthcare Retail, part of Medirest, is passionate about delivering excellent products, standards and customer service to patients, staff and visitors in over 50 NHS hospitals around the UK through convenience and catering retail formats. The portfolio comprises many high street brand franchises including Costa Coffee and M&S Simply Food as well as a selection of in-house brands.