The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice is a well-established charity, we have recently moved in our new purpose built home located within Bellahouston Park. The Hospice provides specialist palliative care for people with a life-limiting and progressive illnesses, and provide support for their families and carers.
As Chef Manager you will be responsible for the management of leading, planning, administering and supervising all our catering operations and services. You will lead and manage a team of catering staff to provide all aspects of, food preparation, cooking, budget & stock control, customer service and cleaning duties related to the provision of a high quality catering service to patients, staff, volunteers and customers.
Role of the department
- The facility provides a daily catering service within our In Patient Unit and Out Patients Service, taking in to consideration complex dietary requirements of our patients as well as staff, volunteers and customers.
- Ensure a selective and innovative choice of menu is offered to patients, staff, volunteers and customers covering a wide range of creative dishes and products.
- Meals for special diets and minority ethnic groups are also provided by the kitchen.
- Delivery of high quality catering hospitality services in line with local and national standards.
- Ensuring effective preparation, production and service of food to patients, staff, volunteers and customers including hospitality i.e. functions, seminars/conferences
Main elements of the role
- Ensure our patients are adequately nourished and consulted on their food choices
- Lead, manage, develop and implement a robust café and hospitality service
- Provide a creative, innovative and imaginative choice of menu for our café and Hospitality service
- Lead and manage a team of catering staff to provide a proficient catering service on a rotational basis between the hours of 7.00am till 8.00pm, 7 days a week. This post will occasionally require evening and weekend shifts to meet the needs of our hospitality functions
- To lead and manage the provision of a high standard of customer service to all customers using catering services
- To lead and manage direction of all aspects of budget and stock control, food preparation, cooking, cleaning of area / equipment under the direction of the Director of Operations
- To ensure standards of food hygiene are maintained in compliance with food standard legislation and best practice
Closing date: Friday 27 May 2019