Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager - Healthcare
Due to continued organic growth we are looking to add additional resource to our current successful business development team. The successful individual will specialise in soft services in the healthcare facilities services marketplace. You will play a key role in delivering our future growth in our key sectors through securing new, profitable contracts via proactive sales, competitive tendering and maximising reactive opportunities.
Our Business Development Managers are consistently seeking new opportunities and developing robust client relationships by understanding their unique challenges and needs, contributing commercial value to the services and our reputation. The Individual will have the ability to shape individual client requirements, work collaboratively to build and develop solutions that fit seamlessly between customer requirements and solution development, taking responsibility for converting these key opportunities to growth. Most of all, you’ll be instrumental in creating innovative facilities management solutions for the healthcare market. Compass Group is consistently rated for our Great People who delivery Great Service driving Great Results.
Develop and own key customer relationships, leading to the delivery of profitable new business growth
Identify and develop relationships with key future customers, implementing key Account Management techniques and focus on identifiable sales opportunities for each account
Lead conversations with the prospective client during the sales lifecycle including advising the bid team on the best approach to bid responses, and to manage the expectations of the client.
The gravitas to deliver presentations to prospective clients with the Compass Group unique FM solutions, other selling points and advantages, i.e. catering.
Listen and understand a prospective client’s main operational, cost needs, competitive requirements and desires ahead of bid and have the ability to tailor and shape the solution offering services according to client and bid needs.
Secure investment for individual bids from key stakeholders and successfully convert those opportunities into high quality service contracts.
Have a commercial approach to the client needs and ensure solutions are put in place to maximise the success of the contract.
Work with regional operations mangers and subject matter experts to solution architect the correct delivery models.
Working closely with the bids and commercial team in pricing the bid by ensuring that they understand key output and solution requirements.
- Driven and motivated – the ability to work as part of a team but also remain motivated in solo work.
- Results driven.
- A relationship builder who can develop positive presence for Medirest cementing our position as a trust advisor.
- A strategic thinker who can create unique compelling business value.
- Balanced – can create win-win opportunities and drive value for our clients and ourselves.
- Listen and understand the needs of a client developing our offerings to best meet the client’s needs..
- Innovative and passionate in the way you develop and deliver commercial value to your sales territory and exceed the client’s expectations.
- Attention to detail – experience of a sales and bids lifecycle and delivery of operational goals.
- The ability to manage and stay focused during a complex sales cycle.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
- Facilities Management
- Ideally within the healthcare/NHS market
- An understanding of OJEU
- A proven record in business development/sales.
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that’s why we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.
All applicants invited to interview will be asked to produce documents that prove their right to work in the UK. In some areas of our business further checks, including Disclosure and Barring certificates and CTC clearance may be required.
Our Company vision is Great People, Great Service, Great Results and we believe your contribution is crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility.