Catering Assistant - St Helens Hospital
A great opportunity to join our passionate Retail / Patient Feed team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The successful candidate will be required to have a flexible approach to their working week, to meet the needs of the business. Flexible to work 5 / 7 days and flexible to cover weekend when required. The earliest start time will be 07:30am and the latest finish time will be 6.30pm, each week we could guarantee 20 hours per week.
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.
Responsibilities will vary between the Spice of life Restaurant & Patient Feed.
Spice of Life Restuarant
- Set up or close down of Spice of Life restaurant including managing opening and closing stock.
- To maintain stock levels and planograms to the required Brand Standards whilst at the same time delivering outstanding customer service.
- To ensure the cold and hot serveries are maintained with fresh foods
- Use of tills and cash handling including opening and closing of tills in line with profit protection
- Replenishing fridges and displays including stock rotation in accordance with company Food & health and hygiene regulations.
- To be knowledgeable about products and answer customer queries in a timely fashion.
- To assist with wash up, clearing of tables and sweeping and mopping of floor areas
Responsible for the patient meal service in the hospital this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas during meal times with main duties to include:
- Preparing of Breakfast, lunch & dinner meals and refreshments and deliver direct to patients.
- Deliver menus and take orders from patients, giving help and advice where necessary on allergens and dietary requirements.
- Offer a hot beverage round during each service.
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offering a great customer service by putting the patient first.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to work
- Previous retail/Catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.