Sous Chef [Private Healthcare]
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Culinary Team has become available at a prestigious private hospital in Central London. Our Food & Beverage services include Patient Dining, Staff Dining, and Hospitality so we are seeking an experienced, passionate Sous Chef or Demi-CDP looking to make the next step and to help us maintain our high standards of Patient & Guest Satisfaction.
This is a full-time role with flexible hours on a weekly rota basis, usually from either 6am till 2pm (early shift) or 1pm till 9pm (late shift). This role reports to, and deputises for the Head Chef and works alongside an amazing team of Chefs & Butlers, helping to bring the best food trends and fashions to our patients on a daily basis.
The Food & Beverage Team is part of Medirest Signature; the specialist private healthcare arm of Compass Group UK & Ireland Ltd. Medirest Signature draws on the healthcare heritage of Compass Group as well as the world-leading foodservice expertise, in order to deliver 5-star support services to the private healthcare market.
- Our menus are cook-from-scratch so culinary experience is essential
- Motivate and inspire the Culinary and Front-of-House teams
- Ensure presentation standards are maintained with every dish
- Ownership of allergens, special diets and food hygiene within the kitchen
The ideal candidate must have experience working within a high profile facility.
- Have excellent culinary skills with great attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of the latest food trends and fashions
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- Rota and labour planning. The whole team must have flexible availability as the service is to provide Breakfast, Lunch and Supper for patients and staff, 7 days a week
- IT literate
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
- Immaculate personal presentation, outgoing, passionate, excellent customer service and communication skills are required for this highly visible position
About the company
Why join Medirest Signature?
- Attractive core benefits ranging from retail discounts/cheap cinema tickets all the way up to savings on mortgages and utilities, for you and up to 5 additional family members or close friends.
- Guaranteed minimum hours – this is not a ‘0’ hour position
- Team activities available including festive parties and summer BBQs
- Optional Learning & Development and the chance to learn new skills at no cost. Opportunities range from Talent programmes that develop future supervisors and managers, all the way to nationally-recognised apprenticeship qualifications that could unlock the next chapter in your career
- Work-life balance – the majority of our positions are ‘daytime’ meaning no late nights and the majority of our business happens Monday-Friday
- The pride of contributing to the recovery and welfare of our patients