Housekeeping Manager - Kings College Hospital
Would you be interested in joining a successful FTSE 100 organisation, who are recognised as market leaders within their sectors? An organisation, which operates in over 50 countries in 50,000 client locations, but still retains a local presence within the community
A company that prides itself on not standing still and always seeking to innovate. We’re obsessed with the details and we’re always raising the bar higher so we can make our clients’ businesses better.
We are the Compass Group.
We have an opening for a talented individual who has a wealth of knowledge within domestic/housekeeping to come and join the team at Kings College Hospital as our Housekeeping Manager.
Kings College are one of London's largest and busiest teaching hospitals, with a strong profile of local services primarily serving the boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham and Bromley.
Their specialist services are available to patients across a wider catchment area, providing nationally and internationally recognised work in liver disease and transplantation, neurosciences & haemato-oncology.
As our Housekeeping Manager you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring of departmental budgets, including pay and non-pay resources and the authorisation of expenditure.
- Ensure the department’s performance meets the requirements of National Standards of Cleanliness, PLACE and other nationally required standards.
- Provide line management to a large team of staff, including the Assistant Managers. Responsible for recruitment and retention, absence management and staff development.
- Ensure effective delivery of services which meet the needs of Patient and service users.
- Ensure services meet the specific needs of individual service users, developing and implementing change where required.
- Undertakes project work to develop own services and other requirements within the Medirest contract.
- Produce reports, information and data to support service standards and staff records in line with performance management requirements.
What we would be looking for in applications
- Excellent staff management skills, planning and co-ordinating work, effective roster development for a large workforce.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Domestic services including checking procedures and products.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An ability to communicate to staff and service users at all levels in situations where information may be sensitive and complicated and may lead to discussions requiring negotiation to achieve a resolution.
- An ability to make judgements and decisions using own initiative, which may be critical to the effective delivery of service
- An excellent ability to efficiently manage and prioritise own work, including working to agreed targets and objectives in unpredictable situations where demands are service led.