We are CH&CO, a group of chefs, nutritionists and people pleasers with a shared passion for food that fuels emotional positivity as well as physical wellbeing. In a world where what we consume is becoming ever faster and more disposable, we’re proud to take a more thoughtful, mindful approach to the food experiences we source, prepare and present.
• First line support for HR advice following maternity, paternity, unauthorised absence, probationary and sickness absence management policies and procedures
• Deal with telephone, email and postal queries within 24 hours
• Assist in preparation and sending of letters regarding disciplinary, grievance and redundancy consultation meetings and outcomes with HR Business Partner support in a timely manner
• Respond to reference, mortgage and rental information requests within 72 hours
• Manage maternity administration and liaise with payroll regarding maternity leave payments
• Prepare offer letters and contract of employment for all new management level employees consistent with role entitlement.
• Prepare ‘change of details’ administration and letters for management level employees and associated paperwork including salary, bonus, promotion letters and general correspondence in line with role entitlement
• Advertise roles as requested on the internet, intranet or through online line sources, e.g. The Caterer
• Administration of the long/short-term sickness datasheets with the HR Business Partner, arranging occupational health appointments and providing referral documents to the HR Business Partner when reports are received to discuss the way forward.
• Support HR Business Partner with TUPE administration; create source datasheet, ensure all correspondence is sent to employees, Operations and payroll and is prepared to the highest standard and in a timely manner
• Ensure any relevant monthly HR recharges are submitted to Accounts within specific timeframes
• Calculate redundancy payments as required
• Ensure HR cupboards are tidy and maintained and all relevant literature, booklets, etc. are in sufficient stock
• Undertake small projects as requested by the Head of HR in relation to creating more efficiencies in the HR Support team and general HR administration
• Ensure all Support Office personnel files are up to date and filing is carried out regularly; ensuring all personal data is correctly filed and stored; close, store and archive leavers’ files as per guidelines
• Ensure appropriate security for all HR or employee related data, with strict observance of departmental confidentiality and data protection
• Liaise with Payroll Department regarding payroll issues if necessary
• Comply with all HR led policies and procedures at all times
• Continuously self-develop and actively seek further development through the Regional HR Managers
• Be a proactive team member and assist in times of change/pressure with additional duties or ad hoc projects as such may be required
• To carry out any other reasonable task requested and take an active part in meetings, training and promotions of the company
A candidate specification
- Previous HR experience
- 'A can-do attitude'
- Flexible Approach
- CIPD qualification preferable
- Attention to details
- Proficient with MS Office