The Queens Hotel on Brighton seafront is looking for a Reception Manager to join the management team to further develop and progress the hotel into the future.
We are a busy, privately owned 3-star hotel with 100+ bedrooms and self-catering apartments, a leisure centre and beauty salon in the vibrant heart of Brighton city centre.
The primary role of Reception Manager is to ensure all guests are looked after in a courteous and efficient manner while, at the same time, maximising revenue and occupancy and the driving of direct business into the hotel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Supporting the front office team in all operational aspects of the department ensuring constantly high levels of service and guest satisfaction
- To recruit, train, develop and motivate your team ensuring the highest standards of customer service are maintained
- To carry out inductions, job chats and appraisals
- Help develop a sales orientated team in an effort to continue to drive direct bookings and maximise upselling and walk-in business
- Have a pro-active, forward thinking approach to recognise and stop potential issues before they escalate
- Ensure all guest queries and complaints are resolved in an appropriate manner with a satisfactory outcome
- Have a full understanding of emergency procedures and ensure the department adheres to health, safety and hygiene procedures
- Work with other head of departments to make the hotel a success
- Responsibility in ensuring the departmental rota is completed taking into consideration business needs
- In the absence of the Revenue Manager ensure online rates and availability are managed effectively to guarantee maximum occupancy
- You should be flexible to ensure the operational needs of the hotel are met and to undertake any other duties which may be required
The successful person will have a hands-on approach and be flexible as this position will involve early and late shift work 5 days out of 7 and will involve weekend and bank holidays. Ideally you will have had a minimum of one-year experience in a similar role and would be looking to move into the next stage of your career within a successful hotel environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Effective decision-making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to acquire and maintain good relationships with colleagues and guests etc
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisation and analytical skills
- Effective conflict management and change management skills
- Good training and facilitating skills
- Experience in coaching and team building skills
- Self-motivated and able to motivate colleagues to achieve results
Benefits of working in the largest independent hotel in the city include:
- A competitive salary paid monthly
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Complimentary use of the leisure centre
- Staff wellbeing scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Meals while on duty
The first step of your career progression will be to send your CV with a covering letter as to why you feel you would be the perfect candidate.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply"
Apply for Reception Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly