The Queens Hotel on Brighton seafront is looking for a Reception Manager to join the management team to further develop and progress the hotel into the future.
We are a busy, privately owned 3-star hotel with 100+ bedrooms and self-catering apartments, a leisure centre and beauty salon in the vibrant heart of Brighton city centre.
The primary role of Reception Manager is to ensure all guests are looked after in a courteous and efficient manner while, at the same time, maximising revenue and occupancy and the driving of direct business into the hotel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Supporting the front office team in all operational aspects of the department ensuring constantly high levels of service and guest satisfaction
- To recruit, train, develop and motivate your team ensuring the highest standards of customer service are maintained
- To carry out inductions, job chats and appraisals
- Help develop a sales orientated team in an effort to continue to drive direct bookings and maximise upselling and walk-in business
- Have a pro-active, forward thinking approach to recognise and stop potential issues before they escalate
- Ensure all guest queries and complaints are resolved in an appropriate manner with a satisfactory outcome
- Have a full understanding of emergency procedures and ensure the department adheres to health, safety and hygiene procedures
- Work with other head of departments to make the hotel a success
- Responsibility in ensuring the departmental rota is completed taking into consideration business needs
- In the absence of the Revenue Manager ensure online rates and availability are managed effectively to guarantee maximum occupancy
- You should be flexible to ensure the operational needs of the hotel are met and to undertake any other duties which may be required
The successful person will have a hands-on approach and be flexible as this position will involve early and late shift work 5 days out of 7 and will involve weekend and bank holidays. Ideally you will have had a minimum of one-year experience in a similar role and would be looking to move into the next stage of your career within a successful hotel environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Effective decision-making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to acquire and maintain good relationships with colleagues and guests etc
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisation and analytical skills
- Effective conflict management and change management skills
- Good training and facilitating skills
- Experience in coaching and team building skills
- Self-motivated and able to motivate colleagues to achieve results
Benefits of working in the largest independent hotel in the city include:
- A competitive salary paid monthly
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Complimentary use of the leisure centre
- Staff wellbeing scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- Meals while on duty
The first step of your career progression will be to send your CV with a covering letter as to why you feel you would be the perfect candidate.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply"