Kitchen Porter [The Harley Street Clinic]
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Kitchen Team has become available at the prestigious Harley Street Clinic in Central London (W1G 8PZ). The successful candidate will be joining our team as a Kitchen Porter, where main responsibilities will include pot washing, ensuring all areas of the kitchen are kept clean. This is a full time role ideal for an individual with a caring nature and outgoing personality.
This is a full-time role with flexible hours on a weekly rota basis, usually from either 6am till 2pm (early shift) or 1pm till 9pm (late shift). This role reports to the Culinary Brigade and works alongside an amazing team of Chefs & Butlers, helping to bring the best food trends and fashions to our patients on a daily basis.
The Food & Beverage Team is part of Medirest Signature; the specialist private healthcare arm of Compass Group UK & Ireland Ltd. Medirest Signature draws on the healthcare heritage of Compass Group as well as the world-leading foodservice expertise, in order to deliver 5-star support services to the private healthcare market.
- General washing-up duties to include all tableware and kitchen equipment.
- Ensuring all kitchen areas are clear of debris and conform to Health and safety regulations.
- Assisting the kitchen team with additional duties as and when required including accepting and storing food deliveries.
- Sweeping, mopping and cleaning all floor and surface areas
- Disposal of all waste.
- This role can be physically demanding and may involve heavy lifting from time to time.
Ideally, successful candidates will have previous experience within a similar role or an understanding of the catering industry. A desire to offer the highest standards in customer service is essential.
About the company
Why join Medirest Signature?
- Attractive core benefits ranging from retail discounts/cheap cinema tickets all the way up to savings on mortgages and utilities, for you and up to 5 additional family members or close friends.
- Guaranteed minimum hours – this is not a ‘0’ hour position
- Team activities available including festive parties and summer BBQs
- Optional Learning & Development and the chance to learn new skills at no cost. Opportunities range from Talent programmes that develop future supervisors and managers, all the way to nationally-recognised apprenticeship qualifications that could unlock the next chapter in your career
- Work-life balance – the majority of our positions are ‘daytime’ meaning no late nights and the majority of our business happens Monday-Friday
- The pride of contributing to the recovery and welfare of our patients