Chef de Partie [Private Healthcare]
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Culinary Team has become available at a prestigious private hospital in Central London. Our Food & Beverage services include Patient Dining, Staff Dining, and Hospitality so we are seeking an experienced, passionate & skilled Chef De Partie looking to help us maintain our high standards of Patient & Guest Satisfaction.
This is a full-time role with flexible hours on a weekly rota basis, usually from either 6am till 2pm (early shift) or 1pm till 9pm (late shift). This role reports to the Sous & Head Chef and works alongside an amazing team of Chefs & Butlers, helping to bring the best food trends and fashions to our patients on a daily basis.
The Food & Beverage Team is part of Medirest Signature; the specialist private healthcare arm of Compass Group UK & Ireland Ltd. Medirest Signature draws on the healthcare heritage of Compass Group as well as the world-leading foodservice expertise, in order to deliver 5-star support services to the private healthcare market.
- Our menus are cook-from-scratch so culinary experience is essential
- To frequently taste all dishes & there ingredients independently and to actively engage junior chefs to do the same.
- Preparation of Patient, Staff & Hospitality meals. Observing, learning, teaching & experimenting with different plating techniques.
- To Execute & enforce the maintenance of kitchen work areas: Cleaning schedules/ Stock Rotation/ Deliveries/ Food Safety, Health & Hygiene etc.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated & have experience working within a high-profile facility.
- Have excellent culinary skills with great attention to detail
- A creative thinker with sound knowledge of ingredients, there preparation and usage.
- Have sound knowledge of hygiene, health and safety requirements
- The ability to manage and inspire junior members of the bigrade.
- IT literate advantageous.
- Immaculately presented with excellent people skills and the ability to develop and work well within a team.
- To be well organised, and most importantly, keen to improve, climb the ladder, and be confident enough to propose alternative suggestions to plating, cooking and seasoning.
About the company
Why join Medirest Signature?
- Attractive core benefits ranging from retail discounts/cheap cinema tickets all the way up to savings on mortgages and utilities, for you and up to 5 additional family members or close friends.
- Guaranteed minimum hours – this is not a ‘0’ hour position
- Team activities available including festive parties and summer BBQs
- Optional Learning & Development and the chance to learn new skills at no cost. Opportunities range from Talent programmes that develop future supervisors and managers, all the way to nationally recognised apprenticeship qualifications that could unlock the next chapter in your career
- Work-life balance – the majority of our positions are ‘daytime’ meaning no late nights and the majority of our business happens Monday-Friday
- The pride of contributing to the recovery and welfare of our patients