General Manager - The Wardrobe
Bar, Restaurant and Music Venue in Leeds City Centre Art Quarter
Reporting to: The Directors
We are currently looking for an experienced General Manager to run our established, friendly bar, restaurant and live music venue in the Arts Quarter of Leeds City Centre.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of running the bar and restaurant and is tasked with managing and overviewing the Assistant Manager, Supervisors and Bartenders.
Responsibility for all staffing, employee rota's event planning and staff functions.
There are no set working hours but an average should be between 45-50 hours per week. The General Manager is expected to work any trading day, including evenings, weekends and public holidays and hours necessary to fulfil their duties.
This position requires you to demonstrate the following:
- At least 5 years relevant experience within a busy contemporary bar and food operation.
- Possess excellent leadership skills, with the ability to recruit, train and motivate a dynamic team.
- A knowledge and passion for creating and serving great drinks and great food is essential.
- Manage all money and staff, order supplies and ensure the bar, restaurant and venue meets legislative directives.
- Experience of marketing, including social media mediums and sales campaigns is desirable.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to work on your own initiative is an absolute must.
- Confident front of house operator, who will establish a physical presence in the bar and restaurant, with the ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Inspire and motivate across the team.
- Have a strong financial awareness, including strong P&L knowledge, GPs, stock controls, wages, forecasting budgeting, together with a good understanding of excel spreadsheets.
- Have high standards and attention to detail.
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of risk assessments and health and safety policies.
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service and inspire others to achieve the same high standards.
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get ‘stuck in’
- Holding a personal licence is essential
- Holding a food hygiene qualification is essential (level 3; supervising food hygiene or above)
- An understanding of the music industry would be beneficial but not essential
If you feel this is the right position for you and that you have the ambition and drive to succeed within a creative, thriving independent business then please send us your CV and covering letter.
Please take it that if you haven’t heard from us two weeks after submitting your CV your application has been unsuccessful.