Control Porter - Whiston Hospital
A great opportunity to join our passionate logistics team as a Control Porter on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day control of the Runner Portering staff and to be responsive to service needs as they arise.
The core hours per week will be Week 1: Sun 15:00-20:30 & Friday 10:00-17:00 / Week 2: Wednesday 09:00-17:00 & Saturday 15:00-20:30, 13 hours per week.
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospital.
- Receiving, assisting and recording callers with their requests and complaints
- Maintaining a professional manner at all times - reflecting trusts standards
- Dispatching of all Portering/Waste/Transport/Catering/Security/Linen & Domestic Maximo requests.
- Contact service providers. Allocate tasks to nominated officer, giving clear, concise and timely information.
- Updating and maintaining internal systems, ensuring all details are recorded, updated and closed once complete.
- Maintain communications with service providers to ensure tasks can be tracked, and enquiries regarding progress can be dealt with efficiently.
- Operating the road barrier system
- A positive can-do attitude
- Confident and articulate communicator with people at all levels of business.
- Ability to act autonomously when required
- Ability to solve problems and work on own initiative
- Excellent team player
- Strong organisational and prioritising ability
- Good computer skills and keyboard skills, to operate a computerised helpdesk system.
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.