Commis Chef [Private Healthcare]
- Full Time
An exciting opportunity to join our talented Culinary Team has become available at a prestigious private hospital in Central London. Our Food & Beverage services include Patient Dining, Staff Dining, and Hospitality so we are seeking a passionate Commis chef looking to help us maintain our high standards of Patient & Guest Satisfaction.
This is a full-time role with flexible hours on a weekly rota basis, usually from either 6am till 2pm (early shift) or 1pm till 9pm (late shift). This role reports to the CDP’s, Sous & Head Chef and works alongside an amazing team of Chefs & Butlers, helping to bring the best food trends and fashions to our patients daily.
The Food & Beverage Team is part of Medirest Signature; the specialist private healthcare arm of Compass Group UK & Ireland Ltd. Medirest Signature draws on the healthcare heritage of Compass Group as well as the world-leading foodservice expertise, in order to deliver 5-star support services to the private healthcare market.
- To taste ALL dishes and ingredients independently. Learning, and training a ‘Seasoning’ pallet. To be inquisitive and curious about all sections in the kitchen.
- Preparation of Patient, Staff & Hospitality meals. Observing & learning plating techniques.
- To Execute the maintenance of kitchen work areas: Cleaning schedules/ Stock Rotation/ Deliveries/ Food Safety, Health & Hygiene etc, in accordance with the Senior chef requirements.
- Learning and understanding different ingredients, there preparation, cuisine style and usage.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated.
- Can accurately follow instructions, deliver consistency, and have an eye for detail.
- Understand core ingredients.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- To be highly motivated and confident enough to ask questions to develop their skill set.
- IT literate advantageous.
- Immaculately presented with excellent people skills and the ability to develop and work well within a team.
- To be well organised, and most importantly, keen to improve & climb the ladder.
About the company
Why join Medirest Signature?
- Optional Learning & Development and the chance to learn new skills at no cost. Opportunities range from Talent programmes that develop future supervisors and managers, all the way to nationally recognised apprenticeship qualifications that could unlock the next chapter in your career
- Work-life balance – most of our positions are ‘daytime’ meaning no late nights and most of our business happens Monday-Friday
- Guaranteed minimum hours – this is not a ‘0’ hour position
- The pride of contributing to the recovery and welfare of our patients
- Attractive core benefits ranging from retail discounts/cheap cinema tickets all the way up to savings on mortgages and utilities, for you and up to 5 additional family members or close friends.
- Team activities available including festive parties and summer BBQs