2 days left
- Full Time
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services in our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Assistant to join our lovely catering team at RMBI - Lord Harris Court in Sindlesham. Ideal candidates will be friendly, hardworking and have previous catering experience.
Please note this position will be based on 35 hours per week, 5 out of 7 working days.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Catering Assistant to join our highly motivated and focused team.
Your main duties will include:
- Basic preparation of food and beverages
- Basic cooking under supervision
- Transporting and serving meals
- Setting up and clearing away service points and dining equipment and furniture
- Washing up
- Cleaning kitchen, scullery, dining area, access areas and furniture equipment
- Movement of dining furniture
- Filling and cleaning vending machines
- Sales of minor consumables
- Other related duties as directed
- Experience in a similiar role within a catering environment.
- Good people skills and able to work as part of a team.
- Passion about food and customer service.
- Good communication skills.
- High standards and be quality driven.
- A 'Can do' attitude
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.