Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Porter to work at Parklands Hospital. You will be required to work 35 hours per week on a variable rota which can include working days, evenings and night shifts.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Porter to join our lovely team at Parklands Hospital in Basingstoke. Ideal candidates will be friendly, hardworking and reliable.
Please note this position is based on 35 hours weekly which may include weekends and bank holidays.
- Transportation and transfer of patients around the hospital
- Taking blood samples, specimens and medication around the hospital in a timely and pleasant manner.
- Delivering medical gas cylinders, equipment, stores, furniture, pharmaceutical and pathology items.
- To take linen, case notes and the removal and disposal of waste of which some duties can be heavy.
- Transport the deceased to the mortuary
- Excellent service skills with great attentive customer care skills
- Good command of the English language
- Awareness of both food and personal hygiene standards however full training will be provided
- Must be flexible in your approach to work
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- You must be able to do one of the following shift patterns
About the company
Compass Group UK & Ireland offers excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and life assurance, sick pay, and company discounts. And because life isn't only about work, we offer a good annual leave entitlement too.