Maximo Catering Assistant - Whiston Hospital
7 days left
- Part Time
A great opportunity to join our Catering Department team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
The post holder will be responsible for carrying out the assigned tasks involved in providing a quality food service for the benefit of the customer or patient, and in line with the requirements of the service specification. The post holder must follow Trust and Medirest Policies and Procedures, and must be a friendly and helpful member of staff for the service within a busy restaurant or ward, situated in the hospital facilities
The core hours of work will be Saturday & Sunday 11:00am-18:30pm, 13 hours per week.
Medirest is part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, who provide a full range of Hotel Services (including staff, patient and visitors catering, domestics, portering and security) at over 130 NHS Trust and private hospitals.
The helpdesk take calls from departments that require meals and food for patients that have not been ordered at the ‘normal’ time. They may be new arrivals, or, have been away from their bed when meal orders were taken, or they may be post- operative patients that are now able to eat.
- To respond quickly and efficiently to work orders that are received through the helpdesk and radio
- To have a thorough knowledge of all departments and locations in the hospital that request helpdesk catering tasks
- To accurately record all deliveries and receive signatures from departments at the point of delivery and to ensure all admin that is part of the process is completed accurately
- The ability to work on their own initiative and be able to move very quickly throughout the hospital
- To have Steamplicity training so the helpdesk meals could be cooked if required
- To assist in other departments at other times such as stores if the helpdesk is quite
- To have good communication skills with the portering team, catering supervisors, staff and ward staff
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to work
- Previous catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.