We’re on the hunt for a skilled cook who will embrace everything that is Pie. If you’re passionate about high quality food and understand what is required to achieve this, we want to hear from you.
Based in Pieminister Kitchens the successful candidate will cook the fillings for our award-winning pies. It’s a skill to prepare mixes according to SWI (Standard work instructions) and we need an excellent cook who can follow instructions and delivery well-prepared mixes with consistency. This is a physically challenging role and will involve multitasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is important, the goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can grow and spread more good times with pies.
We’d like someone with a real enthusiasm and passion for cooking and good food. Confidence in matching recipes to factory processes and an ability to keep a cool head in a hot and demanding environment is needed. The nature of the job requires stamina to remain active whilst on shift.
- Set up workstations with ingredients and equipment
- Cook food in various vessels and steam pans
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Creating new recipes, menu ideas and food products
- Responding to the findings of sensory and taste panels
- Working with food technicians
- Staying ahead of consumer taste trends
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- Ability to work well in a team - good communication and organisational skills
- Strong physical condition and stamina
- NVQ equivalent qualification, alongside a certificate in food hygiene
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication to food quality and control