Looking for a new opportunity as a Steward? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Steward to provide a friendly and professional service to all customers and clients. Our hand selected Steward will take full responsibility for ensuring that all food and beverage areas are fully stocked, and the working environment is clean and tidy, presented to our highest standards.
- £8.25 per hour. 37.5 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Steward will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain the cleanliness of all displays, counters and seating areas, ensuring Health and Safety hazards, issues, near misses and accidents are reported using the appropriate reporting procedures at the earliest opportunity
- To take responsibility of all monies within the mess whilst on shift ensuring all Profit Protection Procedures and relevant paperwork is adhered too at all times
- To proactively up sell and demonstrate excellent knowledge of all products provided to customers and clients
- To prepare, produce and serve food to the brand standard
- An enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and customer service skills
- Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Basic food hygiene/level 2
- Self-motivated and able to work un-supervised
- Integrity – Respects colleagues & customers
- Health & Safety – Follows the right procedures and challenges unsafe behaviour
- Is flexible and takes initiative
- Is positive & proud of doing a great job
- Takes ownership and doesn’t leave things to others or say ‘it’s not my job’
- Shares knowledge and experience with other team members
If our Steward position is right for you and you match our criteria of skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including: hotel, cleaning, waste management, security, event support and reception services
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider.