Catering Assistants & Commis Chefs
We currently have various Catering Assistant positions & Commis Chef available. Position details are the following:
- Catering Assistant - 21 hours weekly
- Catering Assistant - 35 hours weekly
- Commis Chef - 14 hours (weekend only)
- Commis Chef - 30 hours weekly
Looking for flexible Catering work? The Compass Group are able to offer positions as a Catering Assistant and Commis Chef within their Healthcare sector at The BMI Chiltern Hospital in Great Missenden.
We are holding a Recruitment Day on Thursday 11th July from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
Apply now to be invited for an interview and meet the team!
- Undertaking a variety of tasks within the catering facility including; serving hot & cold food, clearing tables, refreshment service, operating the till & cash handling
- You will be required to work under your own initiative and also as part of a team
- To prepare food items using very basic cooking skills i.e. baked potatoes with salad garnish and filling, preparing sandwiches, cooking of eggs, bacon, chips.
- Ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment at all times
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner
- Offering a great customer service by putting the patient first
- A smart and tidy appearance is imperative to this role
All candidates will need to undergo a standard DBS check.
Ideally, successful candidates will have previous experience within a similar role or an understanding of the catering industry. A desire to offer the highest standards in customer service is essential.
About the company
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.