Mess Accounts Clerk
Mess Accounts Clerk
Looking for a new opportunity as an Accounts Clerk? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for a experienced and highly talented Accounts Clerk to join our team based at MOD Boscombe to be responsible for the efficient running and organisation of the accounts.
This position is for 30 hours per week, on a 50 Week Spreadover Contract
The Successful Mess Accounts Clerk will be responsible for the following:
- Experience using SAGE account software, but at minimum knowledge of double entry book keeping
- Post chit payments, accommodation charges, mess subscription, hospitality and all other charges to mess bills.
- Create mess bills for all mess members every period and visitors as and when they are required.
- To take payment and maintaining a record of paid mess bills for both the Officers’ & WO & Sgts Mess and to produce age debtors reports on a monthly basis.
- To process suppliers invoices for goods and services to the mess.
- Filing, duplicating, photocopying, despatching of mail and maintenance of statutory / Mess committee requirements.
- Preparation and payment of monies collected from the mess into the appropriate bank or mess fund.
- Create DD file for payment of Mess Bills.
- To create BAC’s and cheque payments for payment of supplier invoices.
- Managing bank transfers and other posting within the accounting package.
- Bank / Cash / Petty Cash reconciliations.
- Produce monthly reports including relevant back up I&E, Bar P&L, VAT returns.
- Assist in Function costing, working alongside mess managers.
- Any other reasonable task as directed by your Line Manager.
If our Mess Accounts Clerk position is right for you and you match our criteria of highly honed skills and qualities - please apply today with no hesitation, we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your CV.
About the company
ESS has been a market leader in the Defence and Government Services sectors for over 40 years. As well as providing quality catering, retail and leisure services, we offer a portfolio of superior and sustainable soft services, including: hotel, cleaning, waste management, security, event support and reception services
We’re the people behind the food, hospitality and support services that power your day, make you smile and put a spring in your step. Just one of the reasons why we’re the UK and Ireland’s No.1 catering and support services provider.